I Can Has Award
The Honest Scrap Award has been bestowed upon me last week, and I am honored to accept this award. It is about time someone noticed my artistic and creative talents, and Gnomer from Armaggedon’s Coming was the one to notice it, and he is very much real… I think… anyways, I thank you for giving me this award.
So this award is another one of those Meme thingies, which means one less post for me to think about! Gotta love ‘em! Of course, there is always a set of rules and regulations that come with it to follow.
- When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
- Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
- List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
For someone who is as talented as me in the artistic, creative, and design department, it will only seem right if I chose seven other bloggers who are as talented as me, if not more talented. I know what you are thinking. Who can possibly draw something that is better than these gems?
Yea, these are tough to beat, and even with my years of experience with MS Paint, there are much I have yet to learn with this professional painting tool. Yet, I have found at least seven others who have surpassed even me! Not only are some of them Masters of MS Paint, but some manage to master tools which are even more powerful than MS Paint (gasp!!).
The 7 Awesome Blogs
Everybody knows that TJ is awesome. She can post about everyday life, and still finds a way to make me laugh out loud. But the reason why TJ made the list, is her post on . Here is a sample of her work:
You can really see the MS Paint Mastery in her artwork. Look at the emotion shown on Brinkley the golden retriever. Priceless.
No meme is complete without either me linking to Megan or the other way around. This one is no exception. I will go out on a limb here and even say that Meg is the Queen of MS Paint. She can manipulate ordinary images, slap on some text, and make it extremely funny. For example:
Here she takes a perfectly normal image, and manage to make it pertain to Warcraft AND make it hilarious! That is a very powerful ability she holds.
The Pugnacious Priest is talented designer, and she does it without MS Paint!! Using a combination of the WoW ModelViewer, and a more powerful editing tool, she has been creating very nice banners. You can take a gander at her works HERE.
Not only are they great, but she is also willing to make you one if you are looking for a new banner for your blog/guild/forum. So if you are looking for one, stop on by her site!
Musings from an Angry Bansidhe
Bansidhe is another talented designer, and you may recognize some of her works in other Warcraft blogs. Not only does she do banners, but she also does individual signatures for people to use in forums and such. You can see some of her artworks HERE.
She has been busy with real life lately so I don’t know if she is still taking requests, but if you would like to try, you can do so HERE.
Pike is a very artistic individual, and another non-MS Paint user. She even uses tools like pencil and paper (prounouced: pen-suh and pey-per). Supposedly they are primitive tools NOT used with a computer! /gasp!
You can see more of her works HERE. As you can see, it is possible to draw characters in non-Stick Figure form, and they are drawn very good. Makes me want to start drawing again.
Aurik landed on my list because I really like the design of his blog, but what really caught my attention was his Love is in the Air <3 post. Not only was it Aesthetically pleasing, it was very helpful. That’s not all, he is also another artist with mastery with a pencil and paper. Not only did his artwork meet my approval, Blizzard seems to like it too!
This work of art won Blizzard’s Valentine Contest! Very good indeed. You can also see more of his artwork HERE. Some very good stuff in there.
Last but not least is Phaelia, and she has one of the best blog designs in my opinion. The colors, the icons, the images, all go together so well, and gives the blog a nice welcoming feel to it. Not only does she do a great job designing her website, she does an awesome job designing T-Shirts!
You can see all the T-Shirt designs HERE, and even purchase some for yourself, or as a gift for someone else! It is sad to see Resto4LIFE close down, it really is an awesome awesome website.
Whew… that took awhile. Now let’s see the next step…
10 Honest Things about Me
- My first MMO is Final Fantasy XI, and my character was a Ninja Black Mage TaruTaru. Farming mobs was so easy when you can cast Blind on your target, and cast Utsusemi: Ni on yourself. I miss that game.
- In WoW terms, that would be equivalent of a Gnome Mage with the ability to pop Mirror Image and Evasion. When the name Hachiroku, was taken on my server, I ended up making the Human Female instead of a Gnome.
- In Portal, I did not hesitate at all when I was asked to incinerate my Companion Cube. In fact, I was told by GLaDOS, that I have set the record for time taken to incinerate the Companion Cube.
- I did however, hesitated to incinerate the last core sphere that belonged to GLaDOS. It was also disheartening whenever I disabled a sentry turret. I was very sad when I beat the game. The cake is a lie.
- I am a big Star Wars fan. I even still receive gifts in Star Wars form, from my family as presents for my birthday and holidays. I received all the Star Wars Happy Meal toys (minus Chewie in the AT-ST) from my little sister last Christmas. I’m very easy to shop for.
- Because I’m a big Star Wars fan, I have something implanted in my head which prevents me from watching anything Star Trek, even though I would probably absolutely like it. I really do want to watch Star Trek, and the new movie coming out makes me want to watch it even more, but I don’t know where to start. Any Trekkies want to point me in the right direction?
- I am extremely lazy, and enjoy sleeping. A LOT. I always try to get the doctor’s recommended 8 hour of sleep minimum. If I have to be up at 6am, I’ll sleep at 10pm. If I don’t sleep til 4am on Saturday, don’t bother waking me up til 12pm Sunday.
- If I have to though, I have the power to stay up for days without sleep. If I need to get something done, I’ll stay up all night to get it done. I once stayed up for over 72 hours without sleep. Then I slept for a whole day afterward.
- My favorite fish to eat is not Tuna (gasp!) but is Salmon. I enjoy Salmon in both cooked and sushi form. I do like Tuna, I just like Salmon more. Mmmm… I want sushi now.
- One of my goals as a child was to construct my own Death Star, and take out the Sun. Scratch that, it is STILL my goal. Don’t laugh… I may let you come on my Death Star before I blow up the Sun.