As the first and easiest boss in Karazhan, he is considered a gear check for any adventurers who wish to delve deeper into Karazhan. Attumen is optional; it is not necessary to kill him in order to progress to the later bosses.
At the start, Midnight is alone. When she’s at 95%, her master Attumen spawns, right at Midnight’s spot. When either reaches 25% health, Attumen mounts Midnight and gains the Berserker Charge ability. – wowwiki.com
He drops the best loot in all of Karazhan: The [Fiery Warhorse's Reins]
- Hit Points - Attumen: 380,000 Midnight: 380,000
- Immune to Taunt Effects
- Shadow Cleave: Frontal melee-range AoE attack for around 4,000 shadow damage.
- Intangible Presence: A reflectable AoE curse cast every 30 seconds that reduces chance to hit with melee and ranged attacks and spells by 50%.
- Mount Up: When either Attumen or Midnight are at 25% he will mount up, both turning into one boss with the higher health percentage of both.
- Berserker Charge: After Attumen is mounted, he periodically does a charge on a chosen target. This does over 6k on cloth, and causes a knockdown effect.
- [Elixir of Major Frost Power] or [Adept's Elixir] + [Elixir of Draenic Wisdom]
- [Superior Wizard Oil]
- Spell Damage food of your choice
Anything to up your DPS is advised. Mana potions may be used if you find yourself running low on mana frequently.
Frost Mage Overview:
- Pet Friendly: Very Friendly
- Cooldowns: No need to save your Ice Block and Cold Snap cooldowns
You and your pet should never get hit during the whole fight, unless you pull aggro. If you do, a quick Ice Block then Invisibility should suffice.
At first, it is just Midnight by herself. DPS her down to 95% then Attumen will spawn, and you will have to fight both of them at the same time. Just concentrate on Midnight.
Attumen does an AoE curse every 30 seconds. You need to be able to decurse the tank first, then any DPS that has been cursed.
Once Midnight is down to 25%, Attumen will mount up, and you now face them together as one boss. Continue DPSing them down and decursing when needed. Keep Ice Barrier up when he is mounted in case you fall victim of his random charges. That is all there is to it.
The gloves are very nice, pick them up if you can. If you are doing Kara, then you should be starting to build up your Spell Hit, and these gloves have what you need.
The mount is what everyone will be rolling for if it ever drops. It has a very low drop rate so if you see it, consider yourself lucky. If you win it, consider yourself super lucky. The mount goes best when you have full T5 to match it.
[Image and General Strategy used was taken from Bosskillers.com]