New Patch Notes are out for Patch 2.4.3! You can read them on the World of Warcraft website here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
Now I’m just gonna skim through and highlight anything significant or affects Mages in anyway. Here is what I’ve found.
- Mounts at 30?! Yes, it’s true: Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35 gold.
- Equipping an item will now cancel any spell cast currently in progress.
- The Eredar Twins will now award the same items regardless of which order they are killed in.
- The Mage spell, Counterspell now shows in the combat log.
- Curse of Shadows: This spell has been removed.
- Curse of Elements: This spell now applies to Arcane and Shadow damage, as well as Frost and Fire.
Getting your mount early is a nice change for anyone leveling up any alts. It was such a pain getting around places at low levels.
Equipping items canceling out spell casts. This is going to change when I will swap back my gear during Evocation. Can’t swap in too early now since it will cancel my Evoc channeling.
Eredar Twins change = Boo no more extra loot for killing them in reverse Nvm, looks like they will drop the increased amount of loot regardless of which order you kill them now. So no big change for me.
About Counterspell, Ehh… I actually haven’t notice CS not showing up in my combat log or not. It has always said, “You interrupted ‘s Heal” for me just fine. /shrug
Warlock changes will open up a Curse slot for raids if you have a lot of Warlocks in the raid. Now when there is only one lock in the raid, they don’t have to chose Shadow Warlocks/Priests over Frost Mages and Fire Mages/Warlocks.