Ever Been Compelled to Buy Something After Watching a Series?

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a new external hard drive because I was running low space from downloading- acquiring Anime off of the interwebs. Anyways, I figured I would just have an external hard drive dedicated to just Anime, movies, and shows that I watch. Plus I can just hook up the hard drive to my XBox360 and watch it on the big screen TV!

So for the past few weeks, I’ve been organizing my Anime, and even taking stuff that I’ve burned on DVDs long ago. There were a couple of series that I’ve burned, and never got a chance to re-watch them because I didn’t feel like going through my spindles of DVDs to find them. A few good series like Samurai Champloo, Lucky Star, and Haruhi. I’ve pretty much watched all my old favorite series again all last week.

Opening Theme for Beck

Then I re-watched Beck, an old Anime I watched back in my school days. It was an Anime about music, and about a rock band. This show along with a new series I’m watching, K-ON, another music Anime, have made me more and more wanting to buy a guitar.

Ending Theme for K-ON

After a few days of inner struggle, and consulting with my council, the majority of the votes were: “WTF you’re gonna learn how to play guitar!?” and “LOL you’re kidding right?” Pshh, well after the newest episode of K-ON, I decided to get one anyways! I looked around for something cheap for a noob like me, and found something within my price range.

guitar
Silvertone Revolver Black – SS11PK

It will be here in a few days. Time to buy myself a “Learn Guitar for Dummies” book.

Tagged: , ,

7 Comments

1. Leiandra May 15, 2009 8:42 am

Look for “Dummy Guitar” books that have songs that you know and like. It makes showing off your achievements so much more enjoyable when you actually like the songs. Also, you might want to check into your local Community College to sign up for a class. It helped me immensely when I first started learning. And most of the songs I learned there (Redemption Song – Bob Marley, Tears in Heaven – Peter Clapton, Sunshine Of Your Love – Cream, etc), I can still play from memory and are all around decent songs.

2. krizzlybear May 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Seriously, K-ON is ridiculously cool. As a jack-of-all trades musician, I really appreciate the inspiration this show brings to people who want to learn how to play an instrument. All my life, I’ve been playing on and off, but it was God Knows that got me back into playing. This year, I’ll be going to Anime North in Toronto bringing my acoustic and a folder of OP/ED lyrics with chords written on them. I’ll be playing for fun, and perhaps for my entry fee to get in.

You best believe that I’ll be playing Cagayake! Girls and Don’t Say Crazy this year. That’ll be a big hit!

krizzlybears last blog post..Frost and Fire: Partners in Crime

3. krizzlybear May 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Oh, shameless youtube plug; removing the solo track from “God Knows” so you can jam along to it. The solo is played by me :3

krizzlybears last blog post..Frost and Fire: Partners in Crime

4. Tuna May 16, 2009 1:12 am

Oh damn! God Knows is my favorite song from that series, and you did an awesome job! Yuki would be proud. I’m just learning the basics right now, and learning stuff like E Major, A something, D something… my fingers are hurt’n!

I’m enjoying myself though, and I’m actually putting my free time to good use. K-ON songs would be a big hit at any convention this year, and would definitely draw a crowd. Do me a favor though, you need to dress up in the Mage outfit like Yuki!

5. krizzlybear May 16, 2009 11:54 am

OMG that’s such an awesome idea! Done and done! I even have an idea to sew a garter to the bottom of a cat plushy, so I can fasten it onto my shoulder. Not sure how I will do that specifically, but it should be quite an interesting project ;)

krizzlybears last blog post..Frost and Fire: Partners in Crime

6. Tuna May 19, 2009 5:14 am

I would love to see some pictures from Anime North after you go. I will be going to Otakon this year in Baltimore, and hopefully this time I’ll have some more pictures.

@ Leiandra

Signing up for a class sounds like a good idea. Now I kinda wish I took classes while I was still in college. Makes me wanna go back to school again…