More tweaking and tinkering done by Blizzard, and they have come up with another build, the WotLK Beta Build 9014. This time from a mix from WorldofRaids.com and MMO-Champion.com, I have come up with a revised list of changes from this new beta build. Here is a look at the new changes for our Mage class.
Here is also a link to the new Mage Talent Tree for Build 9014.
- Evocation – Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes.
- Sound Effect Spell – Polymorph Penguin and Polymorph Sheep added.
- Missile Barrage – Now affects Arcane Barrage. Now has a 3/6/9/12/20% chance to proc.
- Empowered Fireball – Renamed Empowered Fire. Now affects Frostfire Bolt.
- Living Bomb – No longer knocks targets into the air.
- Hot Streak – Now works with Fire Blast as well.
- Deep Freeze – Now does no damage.
- Frost Warding – Moved from Tier 1 to Tier 2
- Frostbite – Moved from Tier 2 to Tier 1
Still no new changes to Arcane Blast yet. It is still at an increase of 200% Mana cost. Looks like Blizzard is trying to make us try out various Spell rotations, instead of having a pre-set one. With the change to Missile Barrage, your rotations will be based on procs, and your own reactions.
For Fire Mages, throwing in a Fire Blast every so often will help out your DPS, especially when it procs Hot Streak, and you get an instant Pyroblast out of it. The loss of a knock up on Living Bomb was a pretty big hit in the PvP game. Living Bomb could have been used strategically to interrupt Spell casting when players get knocked into the air.
Frost Mages also took a hit in the PvP category. The damage on Deep Freeze was decreased in the last build, and now in this build, it has been completely dropped. Although it is still a very good control mechanic for a Frost Mage, we are now lacking even more in the damage department.